Eliezer Rabinovici CV
Born : Jerusalem - May 27, 1946
Nationality : Israeli
Marital Status : Married; three children
- 1969 : B.Sc. in Mathematics and Physics, The Hebrew University - Jerusalem, Israel
- 1971 : M.Sc. in Physics, The Hebrew University
- 1974 : Ph.D. in High Energy Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science
- 1975-1976 : Research Associate at Fermilab, Batavia, Il. USA
- 1976/77 : Research Associate at Lawrence Berkeley Radiation Laboratory,
- 1977 : Senior Lecturer, Racah Institute of Physics, The Hebrew University
- 1981 : Associate Professor, The Hebrew University
- 1985 : Professor of Physics, The Hebrew University
- 2005 : Leon H. and Ada G. Miller Chair of Science
-2015 : Leon H. and Ada G. Miller Chair of Science(Emeritus)
Over 150 publications in theoretical high energy physics in refereed journals and books. Many invited lectures including named ones.
Honors : Invited visiting positions and chairs
- Kramers Professor – Utrecht(1996).
- Miller Professor – University of California Berkeley (2003).
- Humboldt Professor- LMU and MPI Golm ( 2006-2012).
- Leverhulme Visiting Professor - Imperial College London (2012)
- Blaise Pascal International Chair (2013-2015) Paris
-Distinguished Louis Michel Professor- IHES Paris (2016- )
-Distinguished Simmons Professor (2014)- KITP UC Santa Barbara
- AAAS Science for Diplomcay Prize -2019 (with 4 others)
Some Extended Visiting Professor positions:
- University of Michigan Ann Arbor; UC Berkeley; Max Planck Institute Berlin; CERN; University of Chicago; University of Geneva; Imperial College London; Max Planck Institute Munich; University VI of Paris and ENS Paris; IAS Princeton (member); Rutgers University; KITP; SISSA Trieste; Stanford University; University of Tokyo; University of Utrecht
Some Past and present Responsibilities:
-Co-Director of Physics Schools at Cargese-France, Les-Houches-France, Theoretical Physics Winter school Jeursalem.
-Director-Institute for Advanced Studies-Hebrew University, Jeursalem.
-Chairman of the Israeli High Energy Committee (to the present)
-Israeli Scientific delegate to the CERN Council and VP of the CERN Council(2016-2018).
-Member HEP-EPS board
-Elected International Councilor of the American Physical Society (2015-2018)
-Chariman Racah Institute of Physics –Hebrew University-Jerusalem-Israel
-Chairperson Hebrew University Committee for the Examiniation of the Gender composition at the Hebrew University(2001)
-- Chairman of the Israeli Committee for Sesame (to present), an Israeli delegate to the Sesame council and VP elect of the council. One of the founders of Sesame.
-Member International advisory committee(present) and scientific committee GGI- Fierenze.
-Elected Member of the EPS Executive Board(present)